News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Any recommendations for Rear shok on a 2003 Spoked Girly?

Started by oradbaforpsoft, February 04, 2016, 02:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: Bigfeesh on February 10, 2016, 11:10:54 AM
Maxton, I got what I thought was a reasonable quote for around £450 from them, their shocks are on the majority of TT bikes, look for the purple springs!

Wilbers and Hyperpro will do a shock for about £450 too, but you'll be faffing around with C Spanners to adjust preload, I'd hazard a guess its the same with Maxton.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: Bigfeesh on February 10, 2016, 11:10:54 AM
Maxton, I got what I thought was a reasonable quote for around £450 from them, their shocks are on the majority of TT bikes, look for the purple springs!

Only ever judge shocks spec V spec not price,one thing is for sure what is going around the TT isn't a 450 quid shock.

Bixxer Bob

:iagree  We run Maxton on the TZ race bike; it's good value.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oradbaforpsoft

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I am looking for something available in the USA, that has a quick adjuster, for less than $1000.
I probably will only have 2 settings - 1) Me on the bike and 2) Me and full side bags/top box, and sometimes a bag on the back seat.
The passenger of choice requires the Rocket III's capacity, so I won't worry about having a passenger on board the Tiger.
I don't want to be fiddling with wrenches to change the settings though.

I am happy to support any forum members that also run Suspension shops etc. I can do my own basic wrenching, so could do the install myself, but am not a suspension expert.

Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

Timbox2

Quote from: oradbaforpsoft on February 13, 2016, 01:55:15 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I am looking for something available in the USA, that has a quick adjuster, for less than $1000.
I probably will only have 2 settings - 1) Me on the bike and 2) Me and full side bags/top box, and sometimes a bag on the back seat.
The passenger of choice requires the Rocket III's capacity, so I won't worry about having a passenger on board the Tiger.
I don't want to be fiddling with wrenches to change the settings though.

I am happy to support any forum members that also run Suspension shops etc. I can do my own basic wrenching, so could do the install myself, but am not a suspension expert.

The worst bit is getting the bottom mounting sleeve out of the swingarm, your climate should help, but it still could be a PITA. Several have resorted to removing swingarm complete with shock attached and having it pressed out. Just saying, its not helped by the exhaust being right in the way
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

Dutch

I just sent a fully adjustable Wilbers to one of our US members  :icon_biggrin:
I got the confirmation it has arrived but that it might take some time before it is mounted.

Regarding the loads you mention you could do that with one preload setting and use that budget for a fully adjustable shock with seperate reservoir i.o. an emulsion shock. Depending on your riding that would be the better choise. However with a USD 1000 budget you can have the big cake and eat it too  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Cheers, Dutch

Linux_Tyro

Give Joe a call at Cycle Suspension in Haslett, TX. He is doing my forks now and said that it would be no problem for him to rebuild my stock shock with a new spring and valves for my weight.

oradbaforpsoft

oradbaforpsoft

Quote from: Sasquatch on February 09, 2016, 08:06:54 PM
You are looking at about $890 for a custom Hyperpro built for you with adjustable rebound and a hydraulic spring preload adjuster.

Thanks - will PM you when I have the shekels.
You are in Idaho, right?
Are you initials JJ ?  If so, we have communicated in the past about TuneEcu or some other topic.

oradbaforpsoft

Moved to Kansas City, Missouri area... Any referrals for a local suspension shop for the same thing - Tiger 955i rear suspension - all the other stuff in the conversation.