News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Short-throw throttle

Started by Dev_1, February 12, 2016, 05:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dev_1

Hello everyone,
I'm about to remove the exhaust collector box and throw on a new can  :wheel (blueflame).
Looking forward to a hp gain but not the torque loss.
My thought is that getting a short-throw throttle would help to keep my tiger peppy... as we really have to wring the throttle to get any juice as it is.
Does anyone know where to find said throttle tube with a shorter throw? Quick action throttle?  :bad

Cheers

Dyn Blin

Not a bad idea.  Maybe others have specific experience with modifying cable pull to open the throttle, but you may also want to consider modifying an airbox to get rid of the baffle.  More than a few threads here, & makes a good difference across the range for pull.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Dev_1

I had a look at my air box when it was out of the bike. It looks to have been modified, then re-modified back to stock? Either way the screws that hold the two halves together were NOT coming out.  :nono

Chris Canning

Quote from: Dev_1 on February 14, 2016, 03:33:06 AM
I had a look at my air box when it was out of the bike. It looks to have been modified, then re-modified back to stock? Either way the screws that hold the two halves together were NOT coming out.  :nono

Who didn't read the original thread then :icon_biggrin:

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Dev_1

Bixxer Bob

It's well known among long time owners that more than one airbox has been destroyed by trying to remove the screws.  They just don't come out.  I haven't re-read the link, but, at a guess, that's what Chris means.  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Post 13 on the thread :icon_biggrin:

But Bixxer's correct.