News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone with working Tune ECU South Wales/ Bristol/ Glos area

Started by Timbox2, February 18, 2016, 08:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ok favour time please.

I had no problems with Tune ECU on the last Tiger, but for some reason I just cannot get it to connect on the latest acquisition. Im using the same cable, but it is a different laptop, but still with Win XP and Ive loaded the latest FTDI drivers but all to no avail, maybe Im missing something stupid.
But anyway, bike is running and pretty well, but Im curious to know what map is in there and maybe just have a look at the TPS values and try an adaption reset.

Obviously I'll travel to you and maybe bring sticky buns if its a Saturday morning :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Chances are it'll be down to drivers, I think most of us that have used TuneECU, Dealertool etc. have experienced similar issues. Windows can sneak drivers in even when you think you've cast them into the abyss.

Sticky buns  :eusa_clap be still my beating heart.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JoeDirt

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 18, 2016, 08:29:49 AM
I just cannot get it to connect on the latest acquisition. Im using the same cable, but it is a different laptop, but still with Win XP and Ive loaded the latest FTDI drivers but all to no avail, maybe Im missing something stupid.

Take a look at two posts down at: http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,14986.0.html

There are a lot of things in that thread you can try before applying sticky buns.

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 18, 2016, 10:47:52 AM
Sticky buns  :eusa_clap be still my beating heart.

Sin, your heart will be still if you keep eating those sticky buns! :nono

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: JoeDirt on February 18, 2016, 02:56:31 PM

Sin, your heart will be still if you keep eating those sticky buns! :nono

I was thinking the other sort...  :icon_redface:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Bixxer Bob

Still have it, and no, I never got it to work....  :icon_rolleyes:

The one I have that works reliably was about £15 but I can't remember where from now....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Triumph Twin Power , no more than any other name brand, Mark's always work and he's never far from the phone when you need help.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 26, 2016, 10:28:43 AM
Triumph Twin Power , no more than any other name brand, Mark's always work and he's never far from the phone when you need help.

that's the one  :thumbsup

Timbox2

Still no good, weird, never had this problem with the last Tiger, though I do have a different laptop now and I wonder if something is interfering with the install, I normally use this laptop for connecting to Cisco Network switches etc so maybe some of the drivers for that are getting in the way. I'll have to try "borrowing" another laptop from work. :icon_mrgreen:
2016 Tiger Sport