News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Later single feed fuel connection conversion

Started by Timbox2, February 24, 2016, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, I was thinking about the prospect of converting an early dual fitting fuel plate to the later single type. With all the cheapish s/h parts appearing as the old Girly gets even further down the food chain(as Chris puts it), it might be a thought for the future. Now, here is the slightly confusing thing Ive only just noticed. According to Triumph the later alloy wheel Tiger started with a Vin of 198875, but the single fuel feed came in on an ENGINE No of 207447.  Now, switch to Tune ECU data and they say a different map is needed after Vin 206547, but what changed then?  Must admit I had always thought the Tune ECU change was between spoke and cast wheel models, but obviously not, was it purely a different map brought in by Triumph for emissions maybe. Any thoughts?
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

According to the venerable Mr. Woods, all the engine parts remained interchangeable across the 955 range until they started using the 1050 casings. So it's likely just a tune update unless anyone else knows differently.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Maybe some time poring over the parts lists will reveal some small but significant difference.  Don't have time at the moment.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JoeDirt

I will donate an '06 Fuel Rail to the cause. Just drop me a PM with an address. I will ship it at my cost. :thumbsup

The Fuel Tank Plates are different P/N's. Old one is T1241057 and new one is T1241087. The Fuel Pressure Regulator changed enough that the old Fuel Pressure Regulator T1240856 has more o-rings and the new Fuel Pressure Regulator T1241093 has no c-clip (e-clip). The plates may have only added a plug to one of the Fuel Fitting holes.

Supposedly, the throttle bodies changed... but I am running '06 throttle bodies on my '01 not realizing there was a P/N change. :icon_scratch:

JoeDirt

Quote from: JoeDirt on February 25, 2016, 03:03:24 AM
Supposedly, the throttle bodies changed... but I am running '06 throttle bodies on my '01 not realizing there was a P/N change. :icon_scratch:

I just realized the throttle body part number only changed because of the single hose vs. the dual hose. I think my bike is living proof that the throttle bodies themselves did not change. But, the overall assembly with the fuel lines included, did change. :icon_study:

Timbox2

Sorry Joe, not been paying attention, Ive been doing so much other stuff to the Tiger. Yeah I reckon a new fuel pump plate and the hose with rail is probably all thats needed
2016 Tiger Sport