News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got Tune ECU what is the correct map for a 1999 885i Tiger ?

Started by jamman, February 25, 2016, 06:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamman

Got my cable and loaded Tune ECU ... hooked it up and the map in upper left corner says 9849 .. is that right ??

Just checking as I saw on Tune ECU website that it should be 9891 ...

Thanks !

JoeDirt

I searched for a "9849" on the TuneECU site and found nothing. That has to be a factory or a revised map.

The ones that should work are the ones below... pending your VIN number and TOR. :icon_study:

nickjtc

Quote from: JoeDirt on February 25, 2016, 06:28:17 AM
I searched for a "9849" on the TuneECU site and found nothing. That has to be a factory or a revised map.

The ones that should work are the ones below... pending your VIN number and TOR. :icon_study:

What he said. The 9849 could mean anything...?? I've had no problems with their 'official' maps, so unless there is something unique about your particular machine I would go with what would be appropriate with your VIN/exhaust set up.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JoeDirt

Just to be on the safe side, I would download from your bike and save that 9849 file. That way you can put things back if you have to...

~JD

jamman

Thanks for all the replies ... I will download it and backup to be safe ..

I have a factory can but I did drill out some holes in the baffle plate to open it up a little ..

How do I know if it has a catalyst or not ?

Trying to also diagnose a noticeable miss that occurs about once a minute or so and have a lot of popping on decel especially after she is warmed up ..

Newbee here so bear with me ..

Thanks !

JoeDirt

Quote from: jamman on February 25, 2016, 02:14:49 PM
How do I know if it has a catalyst or not ?

Catalyst are for California bikes with extra bits to cut down on carbon emmisions. A very small percentage of bikes are CA bikes.

nickjtc

I have a factory can but I did drill out some holes in the baffle plate to open it up a little ..

Hmmmmm..... once you make 'modifications' you open a whole new can of worms. Excuse the pun. Popping on decel could mean an incorrect mixture.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

jamman

So would it be good to try the map with an aftermarket  TOR ?

For my VIN that would be map 9893 ...

Thanks

JoeDirt

Quote from: jamman on February 25, 2016, 04:05:27 PM
So would it be good to try the map with an aftermarket  TOR ?

Personally, I would try both. See which one you like the most. :icon_scratch:

Bixxer Bob

Lets keep this thread for the map and the advice for the fault finding  to the original thread instead of running it in parallel here please.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

jamman

So per the drawing above I have the pancake box so guess I have the catalyst ...

Will try that map also ..

jamman

After installing a new map do I need to start it and let it run a certain length of time to let the system recalibrate ?

Thanks

jamman

Nevermind I see the 12 minute tune topic ... thanks all for the help !!

Timbox2

Quote from: jamman on February 25, 2016, 04:36:32 PM
So per the drawing above I have the pancake box so guess I have the catalyst ...

Will try that map also ..

Theyve all got the expansion box, just some have a catalyst inside. Think if you have an O2 sensor its catalyst, no sensor no cat, but I might have made that up
2016 Tiger Sport

thebiglad

Thanks for all the replies ... I will download it and backup to be safe ..

Trying to also diagnose a noticeable miss that occurs about once a minute or so and have a lot of popping on decel especially after she is warmed up ..

Newbee here so bear with me ..

Thanks !

Popping on deceleration is usually caused by either:

1. Leaks at the joints of the exhaust system; or

2. The AI (Air Injection) system injecting fresh air into the exhaust system aft of the exhaust valves.

To resolve the popping you need to :

1. check for leaks and plug 'em!;

2. If still doing it, remove the AI system.
2006 Tiger 955i