News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Barn Finds

Started by tonytiger, February 27, 2016, 11:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Do barn finds really excist or just on certain tv programs?

Nick Calne

Yeah. Check ebay, local papers, etc they do come up.

A rare model barn find, well that's rare.

For work I often buy a range of older buildings and you'd be surprised what people forget about.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Oh blimey yes but almost without fail they end up in dealers hands,go to Stafford Classic Bike show you'll see loads for sale.

nickjtc

Go for a drive along any country road, hereabouts, and you will always see a plethora of old vehicles parked in fields or backyards..... once loved and cherished and now sitting forlornly waiting for nature to return them to the earth from which they came.... blah, blah, blah.......

Most of the barn find motorcycles I have seen here are useless, rusty old tat, that were (to quote the vernacular) "used hard and put away wet".
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

No such thing as rusty tat over here it's what has happened with the interest rate being so low old cars and bike are crazy money as people look for other places to put their money.

Have a look at Suzuki T500 on eBay UK,I'd be amazed if there is one on your side of the pond we've got them all  :icon_wink:

tonytiger

Yes your right, driving the roads in County Durham you see load of vehicles left in fields! all belong to farmers unfortunately.

tonytiger

Never had a Suzuki quit like the swift though.

JoeDirt

Quote from: tonytiger on February 27, 2016, 11:59:32 AM
Do barn finds really excist or just on certain tv programs?

My bad... wrong kind of "barn find". :icon_rolleyes:

nickjtc

Quote from: JoeDirt on February 27, 2016, 07:05:26 PM
My bad... wrong kind of "barn find". :icon_rolleyes:

That might one of the ones I mentioned...... "used hard and put away wet"  :ImaPoser

But seriously though, in a country as big as Canada there are bound to be gems secreted away somewhere. Not Brough Superiors or Vincents, but certainly the odd old w/d Harley.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

Now that made me chuckle.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?