News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 Tiger Rotors

Started by Steveboot, February 29, 2016, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveboot

Just picked up my Tiger, and she is an awesome ride. But went for the inspection today and all three rotors failed. Now looking around I'm not finding reasonably priced rotors anywhere. Apparently I just missed a huge deal on EBC rotors, but can't find them less than $144 now...

Any leads out there? They don't have to be pretty, they just have to function well!

nickjtc

Welcome! If in doubt, try eBay.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

The question you have to ask yourself 'Am I in it for the long term or not' if the answer is yes then that'll be floating EBC if the answer is no,buy any old crap and hope they don't warp before you bail out.

JoeDirt

Amazon marked their prices up. It had to be a pricing error. :^_^

I posted it...

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,14823.0

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 29, 2016, 09:38:29 PM
The question you have to ask yourself 'Am I in it for the long term or not' if the answer is yes then that'll be floating EBC if the answer is no, buy any old crap and hope they don't warp before you bail out.

I agree with Chris. If you think you have mated for life with this bike then it is worth every penny you spend on it.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Funny this should come up, my Rotors look and feel fine,hardly any noticeable ridge,  but I mic'd them up the other day and there aint much left, 4.6 odd. Reckon I'll be looking soon too.
2016 Tiger Sport

Steveboot

I understand about using decent rotors, was just hoping someone knew a source (like that lucky bastard Joe Dirt) for a quality piece at a reasonable price. It rankles a bit that I bought the bike and it had passed Virginia inspection just a month prior, and then the rotors failed miserably in Maryland. $400 or so that I hadn't worked into my budget based on the Virginia inspection....

Sin_Tiger

When you say they've failed, below wear limits or cracked?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Steveboot

Steveboot

I'm just going to pop for the EBC's and get on with it so I can ride!!  It may be a bit pricey, but my bike came with a tall Corbin saddle and a Blue Flame exhaust that I can sell to pay for them, so why not!

Sin_Tiger

Why not indeed, worth investing in quality, always lasts longer  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint