News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stupid Purchases

Started by Sin_Tiger, March 15, 2016, 03:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

What's the daftest thing you've bought bike related  :icon_scratch:

I'll own up and start the ball rolling  :icon_redface:

On a recent 2 deg C run on the Thruxton, no heated grips or big wooly gloves I decided that I was too old and too cold to be fashion conscious and maybe a set of bar muffs would be a good idea for days like these. Oxford make these rain seal (seal is streching it a bit) and they weren't daft money.

Just a couple of wee problems with that idea  :m

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Ah, that's a problem right enough, me I was fed up with wet feet before I discovered Seal skinz I bought some rubber over boots, they worked fine but putting them on and taking them off required you to really sit down to be safe, remember it's raining and your getting wetter all the time.........
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Quote from: John Stenhouse on March 15, 2016, 06:50:15 PM
putting them on and taking them off required you to really sit down to be safe, remember it's raining and your getting wetter all the time.........

You do put a plastic grocery bag on your boot first to help the overboots slide on...??

My stupid purchase: a digital gear indicator thingy, without first establishing the encyclopaedic knowledge required of which wires do what going in to the instrument console on a Tiger 1050. :^_^
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

RumRunnerGuy

I just ride the Tiger when the weather gets like that, Thruxton only comes out when it's Nice out.

JoeDirt

I'm guilty! :icon_redface:

I bought a Ring Compressor made for automobiles to do my rings on my bike. Yea... it was a total waste of money and you can push the rings in on a 955i by hand.  :icon_rolleyes:

Please learn from my mistake...

ghulst

I bought some wider motocross steps for my other bike...

Only to find out that I ordered the wrong type from an outfit I couldn't return them to. :(
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

nickjtc

Being the retent that I am, I buy all of the sales literature, advertising and posters I can find for any new (to me) bike I get. Usually at ridiculous prices through evilBay. Only to then give it all away when the bike gets sold.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

SteveFord

A VDO voltmeter with chartreuse numbers when I didn't even have a motorcycle to put it on.
It was just the weirdest impulse purchase I've ever made but I just HAD to have it!