News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Seats

Started by nickjtc, March 23, 2016, 03:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I have an Airhawk II that I use for long runs on the Tiger, but years ago for the Blackbird I bought a spare seat for peanuts off Ebay and searched out a custom automotive upholsterer.  We chatted through what my wife an I needed and left him with it.  A couple of weeks later it was done, with two types of foam and some gel pads.  It was a massive step forward and not stupid money.  I think around £150 all in.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

So in the short term I've decided to get a pair of bicycling shorts. I'm toying with the idea of doing a 'drop-in' at the Corbin factory in Hollister, CA when I pass by. They do a ride-in-ride-out service which takes about 6 hours. The only problem is that by the time I get there I will have done 8,000km or so............ so I hope that the bicycle shorts offer some relief.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

After that distance your bum will have moulded nicely to the saddle. Try a set of 2" bar back risers if you can, I think you'll find that changes things quite a bit. Don't expect to narrow or lower the saddle to get your feet closer to the ground, the width of the frame is the issue. I know somone who did it and ended up with less contact as lowering just pushed his thighs wider  :BangHead
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 01, 2016, 12:07:47 AM
Don't expect to narrow or lower the saddle to get your feet closer to the ground, the width of the frame is the issue. I know somone who did it and ended up with less contact as lowering just pushed his thighs wider  :BangHead

Thanks for that. No, I do not want the seat narrower or lower. A bit more square footage and firmer foam to support my rosy cheeks is all I ask for. :icon_lol:

Mustang

why not order one before you go so you have for the start
or is if a price thing once it crosses the border ?

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on April 01, 2016, 03:09:11 AM
why not order one before you go so you have for the start
or is if a price thing once it crosses the border ?

I had thought of that, but they cannot be specific as to a delivery time... "6 to 8" weeks, not counting shipping time. Which would mean that I could end up leaving without a new seat.

And yes, you get shafted with the cross border costs if you do it that way.