News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Seats

Started by nickjtc, March 23, 2016, 03:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Anyone got input to give on seat modifications/after market seats for the 1050? I'll be covering a lot of territory soon and my @rse is not as forgiving as it used to be.

Corbin? Sargent? Gel pads?
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Gel bicycle shorts? sexy too  :nod
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on March 23, 2016, 04:17:27 PM
Gel bicycle shorts? sexy too  :nod

I think my @rse is quite plump enough, thank you. :icon_biggrin: But that is a thought. Having said that, isn't one of the drawbacks of anything 'gel' that it retains heat??? :icon_scratch:

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on March 23, 2016, 04:54:50 PM
I think my @rse is quite plump enough, thank you. :icon_biggrin: But that is a thought. Having said that, isn't one of the drawbacks of anything 'gel' that it retains heat??? :icon_scratch:
are you trying to say you have a hot ass ? :rfl

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on March 23, 2016, 07:50:08 PM

No, just one that does not like too much heat :mut

Chris Canning

God knows how much I've spent on seats over years on various bikes the best by some margin is a Kahedo also sold by Touratech.

JayDub

Quote from: Mustang on March 23, 2016, 07:50:08 PM
I thought he was saying he thought my @rse was hot  :icon_scratch:

JayDub

I've not used the gel shorts in hot weather, but Iv'e not noticed any discomfort  :grnb - There's also a 'numnah'?... like those equine types use, or a lamb or  sheepskin I used one for the first time a couple of years ago and it was surprisingly effective.

Timbox2

Ive got some Nike cycling undershorts, designed to be worn under other shorts/trousers, they are a bit like Gents Boxer shorts but with a chammy built in, brilliant in hot weather and stop the dreaded betty swollocks
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on March 23, 2016, 08:38:34 PM
God knows how much I've spent on seats over years on various bikes the best by some margin is a Kahedo also sold by Touratech.

http://www.kahedo.com/en/motorcycle-seats.html Alas they do not show an option for Triumphs..... and anyway I suspect that they would be quite spendy!!

I had a Corbin on my '00 VFR800 and did nearly 90,000 pain-free km on it, including a few Iron Butt qualifier rides. I'm tempted to do a 'drive-in' to their factory when I am in California in June. Trouble with that idea is that I will have 8,000km of riding on the existing seat to get there. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Timbox2

Quote from: nickjtc on March 23, 2016, 10:20:37 PM

http://www.kahedo.com/en/motorcycle-seats.html Alas they do not show an option for Triumphs..... and anyway I suspect that they would be quite spendy!!

I had a Corbin on my '00 VFR800 and did nearly 90,000 pain-free km on it, including a few Iron Butt qualifier rides. I'm tempted to do a 'drive-in' to their factory when I am in California in June. Trouble with that idea is that I will have 8,000km of riding on the existing seat to get there. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Well, they do make them, see here, exchange only mind with Touratech, and yes, not cheap
http://shop.touratech.co.uk/comfort-seat-one-piece-for-triumph-tiger-1050i-standard-exchange-only.html
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on March 23, 2016, 10:44:27 PM
Well, they do make them, see here, exchange only mind with Touratech, and yes, not cheap
http://shop.touratech.co.uk/comfort-seat-one-piece-for-triumph-tiger-1050i-standard-exchange-only.html

Thanks for that, but omg, be still my beating heart.... 548 quid!!! I suppose no price is too high to pay for comfort, though...For comparison a Corbin seat is about 225 pounds and a Sargent, about 250. And of course they both claim their seats are the 'best' :icon_wink:

Mustang

corbins seem to be hit or miss
I've got 4 of them .............
one is very very nice , like 12 hour day and longer nice
another that is just nice , but still good for long days
the other two are hard as rocks

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on March 24, 2016, 12:19:02 AM
corbins seem to be hit or miss

the other two are hard as rocks

But ok if you have a hot ass?? :ImaPoser

KuzzinKenny

Here's another option.......

http://www.airhawk.net

i bought one O these a few years ago but only used it once cos it added more height to me already too high bike  :icon_redface: it will fit any bike so its transferable  :icon_biggrin:

i went back to me sheepskin rug  :icon_biggrin:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly