News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear shock dimensions

Started by RumRunnerGuy, March 24, 2016, 03:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RumRunnerGuy

Does anyone have a listing of the shock lengths for the different year Girlies?

I've read that an 05/06 uses a different length shock from the 01-04 bikes.

Any help?

JoeDirt

2001-03 used #T2050317 and the 2004-06 used #T2050319 Rear Shock. The earlier shocks cost $100USD more than the later ones.

I can't  say what the difference is exactly... but you might be on to something.

This article states they upgraded the suspension in 2005... along with the cast rims:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,14912.0.html

Chris Canning

Quote from: RumRunnerGuy on March 24, 2016, 03:42:14 AM

I've read that an 05/06 uses a different length shock from the 01-04 bikes.

Any help?

They are and they are not transferable between the two bikes end of.

T3mike

I must have missed that. Thanks for the link.
05 Tiger, 01 Bonnie, 11 VStrom

RumRunnerGuy

Anyone have the actually dimensions on the shocks?  Seem to be able to find them for others, but not the Tigers.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: RumRunnerGuy on March 25, 2016, 01:36:19 AM
Anyone have the actually dimensions on the shocks?  Seem to be able to find them for others, but not the Tigers.

Message Sasquatch  :thumbsup he's the suspension guru  :notworthy :icon_wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Dutch

Quote from: RumRunnerGuy on March 25, 2016, 01:36:19 AM
Anyone have the actually dimensions on the shocks? 
Out of curiosity:   Why?

RumRunnerGuy

Finally found out the information.  99-04 14.5" 05/06 15.5".

Was looking to see what lengths were to compare other shocks and possibly change the ride height.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: RumRunnerGuy on March 26, 2016, 02:30:30 AM

Was looking to see what lengths were to compare other shocks and possibly change the ride height.

http://www.adventurepowersports.us

:thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Dutch

Quote from: RumRunnerGuy on March 26, 2016, 02:30:30 AM

You have a cast wheel Girly like I have isn't it? Would you like to lower or raise ride height? Unfortunatly Wilbers doesn't offer ride height adjustability on the cast wheel Girly shock (different length than standard is possible), so it's the only option I don't have on mine  :hat10

RumRunnerGuy

Quote from: Dutch on March 27, 2016, 09:32:47 PM
You have a cast wheel Girly like I have isn't it? Would you like to lower or raise ride height? Unfortunatly Wilbers doesn't offer ride height adjustability on the cast wheel Girly shock (different length than standard is possible), so it's the only option I don't have on mine  :hat10

What shock did you wind up putting on yours?

Dutch

The one on the picture. Works a charm  :icon_biggrin: