News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just Purrrfect

Started by Timbox2, March 25, 2016, 03:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Even with the Dodgy Topbox and a pretty shagged rear shock, Ive just been to Bristol and back and never once thought, "I need a newer bike". OK, on the way back I did the twisty Chepstow road and the centre stand was touching down on most corners, but that should be rectified in a week or so. If anything, the Blueflame is actually a bit loud, but thats it. Looks like that might be the only ride of the weekend, tomorrow onwards look pretty shite down here, so back she goes to her Lair in the S Wales Jungle.

PS: If you hear me talk about getting a newer bike in the near Future, you have my permission to remind me of this thread and call me a knob, hopefully though Ive learnt my lesson :icon_scratch:

2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I eventually (after several years) gave up on the Blue Flame.  I loved it's rortyness, but on long trips it bacame annoying.  After denting it I switched back to the old can andok, it's maybe not quite as quick, but it'll do.  As will the quieter ride  :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Thats what Im thinking BB, so far I havent done any really long rides but I think it might get on me nerves.  I did email Blueflame to ask if they sold the baffles seperately( The lower small one is out), but they still havent replied. I did see a Quill T3 for sale recently which apparently doesnt have removable baffles, might be worth a punt.
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

It's not difficult to make a wee witches hat baffle to stick inside the inlet like Motad used to supply with their after market cans. Just need some perforated sheet and if you feel it's too restrictive drill the holes progressively until you get what you're happy with.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

If you can wait till I'm back on my feet I can make you one up copied from mine; or you can buy one from Blueflame.  They do a re-skinning service so I'm sure you'll be able to buy the part from them.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 25, 2016, 05:40:27 PM
If you can wait till I'm back on my feet I can make you one up copied from mine; or you can buy one from Blueflame.  They do a re-skinning service so I'm sure you'll be able to buy the part from them.

Very kind offer mate, dont worry for now, I'll try Blueflame again, maybe phone them next week.
2016 Tiger Sport