News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Caliper Torque arm Question

Started by Timbox2, March 27, 2016, 02:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

As Ive stripped the swingarm to clean it up etc, I noticed that the little arm that bolts to the inside of the swingarm and then to the caliper bracket may have a certain procedure for tightening once its back on. The Haynes manual doesnt seem to mention it anywhere, anyone here have any info and maybe a Torque setting, cheers.
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Quote from: Timbox2 on March 27, 2016, 02:26:04 PM
The Haynes manual doesnt seem to mention it anywhere, anyone here have any info and maybe a Torque setting, cheers.

955i Triumph Service Manual chapter 13... :qgaraduate

Timbox2

Your a star mate, so I take it it doesnt say "Tighten with weight on bike"?
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

No... it doesn't mention anything about putting weight on the bike. That "dog bone" link keeps your caliper from spinning. Personally, I wouldn't think it would come in to play. :icon_scratch:

Sin_Tiger

Lubricate the screw threads, bang it on and torque it up. It all moves as the swing arm goes up and down.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Thanks guys, it aint going back today anyway, waiting on Mr Wilbers to arrive from Chermany :love10
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Quote from: Timbox2 on March 27, 2016, 04:33:16 PM
Thanks guys, it aint going back today anyway, waiting on Mr Wilbers to arrive from Chermany :love10

Don't get me wrong... I am sure you can reach those bolts with your right arm, while sitting on the bike.