News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mystery connector?

Started by Jayell, March 27, 2016, 11:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayell

Sorry guys, I got careless and lost track of things while doing a valve clearance check. Does anyone know what this connector is for?

The good news? After 70,000km, all the valves are in spec. 👍 The bad news? Three of the six bolt holes for the coils are stripped. Does anyone know the the thread size and pitch?

Thanks! 👍
2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT

Timbox2

Think thats the mystery unused connector which normally hangs down near the air temp sensor connector. There is some rumour that it might be for emissions control in some markets
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Quote from: Jayell on March 27, 2016, 11:39:35 PM
Does anyone know what this connector is for?

Confirmed. They are like belly buttons... all Girlies have them. :^_^

Timbox2

Quote from: JoeDirt on March 28, 2016, 02:08:23 AM
Confirmed. They are like belly buttons... all Girlies have them. :^_^

Was there any blue fluff in yours?
2016 Tiger Sport

RumRunnerGuy

I was told that Triumph used the same wiring harness for the Tigers as well as other models, this was used on other bikes. 

Jayell

I think it might be for a barometric pressure sensor, found on other models.

BTW, the thread size for the ignition coil bolts is M6x1.0. I helicoiled 'em all.

Thanks.
2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT