News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

O2 Plug

Started by Chris Canning, March 28, 2016, 08:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Just solving an 02 tech query for Tim and anyone else who's interested.

Early version(01) is at the back of the motor with easy access.

You just have to tape the other half off.

Timbox2

Thanks Chris, I'll have to relocate mine I think
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

From memory Chris, I think that's where mine is too, although when I changed the sensor I chose a much easier route for the cable; it seems daft to have to take the tank off to change something that you can access from both ends, but the middle bit is trapped.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

I took the L/H black tank panel off mine and I can just see the plug but its wedged under the foam of the airbox. Now, I had a look at the parts fiche and it shows a sub-harness for the sensor, a sort of extension. I wonder whether some bikes dont have the extension cable.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

I've got that many bloody bikes on the go I'm sure what I remember :icon_scratch: but I'm sure it's on here somewhere that it's only the early bikes that have it at the back of the motor,every other post I've seen says they have had to take the tank off cuz it's underneath

Bixxer Bob

Thinking a bit more about it, I think it was directly under the injector rail behind the IACV so it was a tank off job.  Now I'm back on my feet I might go take a look later.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Jayell

I have a second hand '02 Girly. The O² sensor is disconnected and an eliminator plug is fitted. I want to physically remove the sensor.

I've done a search, but cannot find the info. Does anyone know the thread size and pitch for the O² sensor? I imagine an oil sump plug will work?

Thanks!  :thumbsup
2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Jayell

2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT

JoeDirt