News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Nothing special - first ride of the year

Started by nickjtc, April 03, 2016, 01:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Insured the bike for six months today ($522 :bug_eye) and went for a quick ride up to the local ski hill. This weekend is their last for the season, but there is still a lot of snow.

Nice views coming down.

Front brakes are a bit soggy; I'll have to re-bleed them. Otherwise, Woohoo, it's good to be back on two wheels. No problems with the relocated spot lights clonking on the front mudguard, either.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Blimey, does seem a bit steep for insurance, mines less than £100 for the year.

Yeah second shot is pretty, do they put much salt down?
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Look at them buildings!  :m  fugly as fugly can get! Still not as offensive as that insurance price though...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 03, 2016, 10:35:41 AM
Look at them buildings!  :m  fugly as fugly can get! Still not as offensive as that insurance price though...

It's the new wave artsy-fartsy look that is prevalent at a lot of the newer ski resorts hereabouts. Even the residences in the village are painted in pastel colours!

And that insurance is for basic third party only..... no fire/theft or other coverage!

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 03, 2016, 06:36:12 AM
Yeah second shot is pretty, do they put much salt down?

Magnesium chloride before an anticipated snowfall, and lots of gravel. By this time of the year the road crews are out en masse sweeping.

John Stenhouse

ICBC is a bitch, and no way round it either
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 12, 2016, 12:38:32 PM
ICBC is a bitch, and no way round it either

I have to be careful in any comment about the Corporation because I am an employee, albeit in the driver licencing division.

The insurance division is the raison d'etre of its existence, of course, with all that goes with it. Yes, people complain about their premiums; I look upon insurance as a "grief" purchase and just pay up and get on with it.

The sad reality hereabouts is that more money is paid out every year on bodily injury claims than on fixing vehicles!