News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

When did you last check your Engine Mountings?

Started by Timbox2, April 05, 2016, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Earlier today while riding every now and then I kept feeling what I thought was a slight increase in a buzz through the bars, but you know how it is, maybe I was imagining it.

Anyway, just went out to the garage to give her a quick wipe over with a cloth and the above came back into my mind, I know, I'll just go round with the torque wrench, blimey,  all the main mounts needed a significant tighten, and yes, I did them in the recommended sequence. So, if you havent for a while might be worth a check.

All main mount bolts (TX55 and 16mm) are 80Nm, the 12mm Bolts for the L/H head bracket are 30Nm. 

Sequence, according to Haynes book of lies: Head Bracket First then;  L/H Front; R/H Front; L/H Middle; L/H Rear Upper; L/H Rear Lower; R/H Middle; R/H Rear Upper; R/H Rear Lower

2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Worth putting in the "things you must get round to" Tim.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...