News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tuneecu question

Started by Wilky, April 06, 2016, 01:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilky

Folks a couple of questions if I may.
Haven't posted for a while, a previous issue I had with my tigger turned out to be a TPS, but what I want to know is in the tuneecu with the motor running on the "injector Pulse" on my 03 tiger I have a reading consistently around 1.5 and on a mates 05 tiger the reading is around the 2.5 mark.

What does this number represent, is it a time figure eg it squirts for 1.5 milliseconds or is a % figure or what?  From what I remember yes, it's the time in milliseconds

Also  would a higher figure eg 2.5 be richer or leaner than 1.5. Higher = longer = richer.  The pulse is determined by the ECUdepending on what the engine load and revs are at the time. 

A second question is are there any good writeups that explain all the intricacies of how to read maps (engine  :icon_biggrin: ) and what all the figures in the tests and diagnostics mean.  No really, I learned by looking up the terms, reading about them and then figuring out what TuneECU was telling me.  If there are any in particular that you are worried about ask away and I'll try to help

Cheers Wilky
Traveling around Australia on an unlimited time frame with my beautiful wife Diana on our 03 Tigger.