News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

lowering link for 99 tiger

Started by cavi, April 07, 2016, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavi

Still not sure I really need it but, does anyone know where to get a lowering link for a 99 tiger.  I see them for the steamers but not for the 99 or 2000.  do the ones from the 955i fit?

Bixxer Bob

Errr, you don't see them because the later Tigers don't have them.  You need a shorter shock; Hagon do two variations - not sure about other makes.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Excuse me for laughing nothing like not doing ones home work !!!

Roll the rear adjusters at the back over and drop the forks through the yokes.

JoeDirt

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 07, 2016, 09:16:40 PM
Excuse me for laughing nothing like not doing ones home work !!!

Chris... there's this thing called the "internet" that people use to do "homework". That's why this forum is on the internet.

Please don't scare away the new users by not helping.

~JoeDirt

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 07, 2016, 09:16:40 PM

Don't you mean raise the forks through the yokes? :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

cavi

Ok, now I do feel like an idiot.  When I took off the drivers seat I discovered that the frame is adjustable for height and it was on the highest setting, so I dropped it to the lowest and now the bike height is great.  I take it there is no major reason not to do this like the seat putting pressure on somewhere it is not supposed to?
Otherwise I am happy!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Fair play to you for coming clean  :notworthy humility is getting rate these days. You don't have a thing to worry about  :thumbsup :wheel.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

:iagree

Feel like an idiot?  I won't worry about such things round here. It is really the key to joining in properly, and you probably have quite a bit of work to do to reach the 'gold' standard of certain members.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?