News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

O2 sensor opinions

Started by Timbox2, April 08, 2016, 06:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, I finally got round to lifting the tank and airbox again and fitted the O2 eliminator.  Just taken it for a fair run up the M4 and back and you know what, I dont think it runs as well.  Whats been others experiences?

Glad I didnt bother fitting the Tank Cover, looks like the tank is coming off again, shame its not like Chris' with the wire behind the motor :icon_frown:
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Possibly a stupid question.... did you check the mapping after you ditched the O2 gubbins? On the 1050, TuneECU has a check box to be ticked when you make the mod and then you have to do the re-adapt protocol. Whether that changes anything, I don't know.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Cant get Tune ECU to connect at the moment so no idea. Im gonna connect it back up anyway
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Result,  actually managed to reconnect without removing tank, fiddly, but with a pair of long nose pliers just doable
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I was half way through typing  reply yesterday when the forum went down.

The eliminator will lock the ECU trims in whatever state they were when you fitted it.  Best approach is to do an adaptation with TuneECU connected so that you can check the O2 voltage is swinging then fit the eliminator.  That way it won't be able to trim away form the base setting. 

If that's still not good, re-connect the O2 and ride it until it is how you want it, then re-fit the eliminator.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Whats really odd BB is that when I took her for the test run up the M4 I stopped at Magor Services for a coffee. When I started her back up the idle went to the floor and she nearly stalled a couple of times. Never had this before I fitted the eliminator.  She did run ok all the way back but to my mind the lower RPM running wasnt as good. If only I could get bloody Tune ECU to work, never mind.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I should try it myself to be honest as mine always runs best after a map load and trimreset.  Then it trims itself into it's old habits after 20-30miles.  Especially as I found my elimintor the other day...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Mine has always been the same!! It's good with the O2 plug in for low speed running(ie filtering in traffic) but I have always found it takes the edge off the top end performance and i don't mean top end bouncing off the limiter but around 5/6 thou nowhere near as crisp.

Now off for a meal in pub in Le-Mans that hopefully has a TV for the GP.

nickjtc

This is all very interesting. When I took the O2 sensor off my Thruxton and replaced it with a bung in the exhaust and the plug-in thingy for the wiring, I knew nothing of efi mapping or what-not and just rode the thing. Can't say I noticed any difference at all in the way the bike performed.....

I am planning on doing the same thing with the 1050, but all this talk of mapping variances has got me wondering. :icon_scratch:

Sin_Tiger

You'd need a custom map with the 865 to notice a difference, biggest change is binning the AI units.

The TOR map works well with the Roadie even with the stock can, with a quality after market can, by which I mean something developed by one of the bigger makers rather than a bodger with a tube bender in a shed in Rotherham, will give you good results you'll notice and be happy riding under all conditions. The 1050 engine seems to work well with a closed loop, so I'd be tempted to leave the Lambda where it is unless you're looking for a track day tool.

Anyway this is about Girly's so let's not go too OT, start a separate thread if you want to take it further  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 10, 2016, 11:59:37 PM
Anyway this is about *Girly*'s so let's not go too OT, start a separate thread if you want to take it further  :icon_wink:

Thank you, will do.