News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wiring diagram...for a novice...

Started by AndyandTiger, April 12, 2016, 01:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyandTiger

Hi all...need a little input from those more knowledgeable to see if my proposed rewiring of accessories will work. I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to electrics but want to have a crack at it!

Any advice would be great!

Bixxer Bob

The logic is fine and it'll work Andy, but 20A isn't going to protect the smaller items. When I did mine I used a single bolt through the subframe to take all the ground connections which were terminated in loops to save on a busbar (because I'm tight).  Where you have a powered busbar I had a 4 - way fuse box with fuse ratings to suit the individual circuits.  I bridgedthe four teminals on one side of the fusebox and connected the live feed. The other side went to the individual circuits.

Other than that crack on!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

AndyandTiger

Thanks Bixxer. I think I get what you're saying and I've left out a critical element of the diagram. The Centech is a fuse box so each of the individual circuits will have it's own fuse (size dependent on the accessories requirements). Have updated the diagram but here's fingers crossed!

Bixxer Bob

Nope.

The live goes to the fuse rail.  The other side of the fuses goes to the individual circuits.  The circuits then converge on a common ground.  I've drawn part of it to give you the idea....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

AndyandTiger

Right...gotcha. Makes sense now.

Now I just need the time to wire it!

Bixxer Bob

Timbox2

I tend to leave auto-electrics to experts. My last attempt resulted in a lot of smoke and molten plastic behind the dash of my Sunbeam Sport
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

AndyandTiger

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 13, 2016, 05:09:00 PM
I tend to leave auto-electrics to experts. My last attempt resulted in a lot of smoke and molten plastic behind the dash of my Sunbeam Sport

Geez...Timbox...don't scare me! She'll be right...