News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine bogging down after... valve clearance/TB sync/blank plate removal

Started by Papalobster, April 18, 2016, 12:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

0 -73% is ok, they don't go to 100.

Stepper motor can be cycled using TECU in the TEST tab under Idle Speed Control.

You can also adjust the IACV steps.  If they aren't in the region of 35 adjust in that direction a couple of steps at a time.  You are looking for a trade off between the throttle picking up cleanly when blipped and not too much popping on overrun.  Too much one way and it'll bog, too much the other and it'll bang excessively.  This is the same as doing the idle jet on a carb. 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fraserdog

Cheers for that,i'll get out in the garage tomorrow night and have a fiddle,the throttle actually went from 0-78 percent not 73.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Papalobster

I have the newest version that doesn't seem to allow any adjustments. I'm still trying to figure out the software currently.

Papalobster

I tore everything down to check camshafts and fount that while my camshaft marks line up, the crank mark does not line up. I can't find anything anywhere that shows me how they should line up. When the cam marks line up, the crank mark "T" should align with the mark on the case correct?

Timbox2

Quote from: Papalobster on May 03, 2016, 11:32:36 PM
I have the newest version that doesn't seem to allow any adjustments. I'm still trying to figure out the software currently.

In your screenshot your on the Diags tab, and you need to be on the test tab I believe
2016 Tiger Sport

fraserdog

You can also adjust the IACV steps.  If they aren't in the region of 35 adjust in that direction a couple of steps at a time.  You are looking for a trade off between the throttle picking up cleanly when blipped and not too much popping on overrun.  Too much one way and it'll bog, too much the other and it'll bang excessively.  This is the same as doing the idle jet on a carb.
[/quote]

Just connected the bike up and on the IACV it states -8,i took it up to +30 and it was ticking over at 2k,put it back to -8 as to be honest i don't know what i'm doing and don't want to mess it up totally
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Sin_Tiger

T should line up with the centre line of the crank sensor, the cam arrows should them be lined up pointing towards each other horizontally and that's you at #1 TDC.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Papalobster

Seems that was my problem. Even though I zip tied the cam sprockets to the chain when I did the shims, I still retarded the intake cam by one tooth.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 18, 2016, 04:02:11 PM
Nothing you did there would make THAT much difference.  I didn't make any changes to mine when I removed the air box baffle.

MY opinion, you need to back track over everything you did and see what's changed, ........
If that's ok, and you're sure you didn't make any mistakes doing the clearances and TB balance or when putting it together afterwards, then we have to start thinking it through.

Checking back over what you did is always the first step....  All other advice is based on nothing found  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...