News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Couple of hours on a Bonnie

Started by Timbox2, April 20, 2016, 04:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Took the Tiger up to Triumph Cheltenham this morning to let them grapple with the head stock bearings and reload a TOR map(Still cant get Tune ECU working).

They lent me a Bonneville for a couple of hours so I could go off rather than sit about in the show-room.

Pretty, especially in this sort of setting

Then off to Gloucester airport for a bit of tiffin, and a helicopter lesson if you fancy it

Tiffin was off, so had a small low fat breakfast :bad

Just then Biggles took off

On to the Red Lion, which was shut until 12

Nice spot again though

Then it was time to go collect the old girl.

Ian, the parts manager's old GS, go on, name that swingarm and its not the obvious one.

So whats the Bonnie like? I can sort of see why some like them, and for the back roads of Cheltenham and Gloucester it was pleasant enough, give it some throttle and it moves reasonably well, but above 70 MPH its hang on for dear life and after the Tiger the bars seem sooo narrow. The new T120 with another 20bhp should be a blast if your into that sort of thing. Oh, the brakes seemed really good, especially the rear, maybe too good, or maybe my Tiger brakes are just shite and Ive got used to them.

Steering on the Tiger is now perfect, no following tram lines any more, but the remap? It doesnt feel that different, maybe slightly cleaner on idle and pickup, but as I said before its actually been getting better the more I ride it anyway. They only charged me an extra tenner on top of what they quoted for the bearings so no big deal.

All in all a nice day
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 20, 2016, 04:42:17 PMgo on, name that swingarm and its not the obvious one.

I've got a GS750 like that.... And the swingarm is Frederick, Freddie to its friends.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Quote from: nickjtc on April 20, 2016, 05:37:03 PM
I've got a GS750 like that.... And the swingarm is Frederick, Freddie to its friends.

Dont be silly, everyone knows its Freddie Forks
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 20, 2016, 05:48:27 PM
Dont be silly, everyone knows its Freddie Forks

My error......Sally Swingarm.

She doesn't look like the swingarm off a GSXR... :icon_scratch:

JayDub

Metmachex? or is that the obvious one.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

GavD

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 20, 2016, 04:42:17 PM
Ian, the parts manager's old GS, go on, name that swingarm and its not the obvious one.

Anorak on

Is it a JMC?

Anorak off
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Give it a kick in the nuts just short of 100bhp and then it really gets fun  :bad but then you start to notice the somewhat wooden feel of the front brake  :icon_eek:

In looking forward to trying the new Thruxton R to see how it compares to mine, I'll be really  :icon_frown: if it makes me smile more.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

And you can't beat a breakfast with black pud :thumbsup

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 20, 2016, 09:02:09 PM
I'll be really  :icon_frown: if it makes me smile more.

You won't be smiling when you see what they've done to the handlebars...imho.

JayDub

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 20, 2016, 09:00:44 PM
Aha, Gav gets the anorak prize
I'm pleased not to have received the accolade  :eusa_clap
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

GavD

Quote from: JayDub on April 20, 2016, 10:12:31 PM
I'm pleased not to have received the accolade  :eusa_clap

You're jealous really

threepot

That breakfast did look nice :thumbsup Probably more exciting than the bike :augie
I rode a Bonneville a while back,and wasn't too impressed with it. But the new Speed Twin was 'enjoyable'.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: threepot on April 20, 2016, 11:24:16 PM
That breakfast did look nice

Thats what i was thinkin  :icon_rolleyes: made me hungry just lookin at it, awell a packet O crisps and a can O Irn Bru it'll have to be  :bad

it was a crackin day up here to, so i got out for a bit blast and cleared the cobwebs mostly from me  :icon_lol: only got about a 100yds and got a fly in the eye  :icon_redface: its been a long winter and i forgot that when the sun shines the flies come out  :icon_rolleyes: note to self "put visor down when in motion"  :nod the other 140ml was good tho  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on April 21, 2016, 02:59:41 AM
the other 140ml was good tho  :thumbsup

KK

140ml  :occasion14 or 140 mile, Ken??  :icon_wink: