News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lost some front brake engagement distance

Started by Roadinator, April 27, 2016, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadinator

So the front rotors are not in great shape (wear I assume from uneven pads), but I went ahead and replaced the front pads.  The engagement for the front brakes now seems closer to the grip.  I swapped out head bearings over the winter before putting pads on, so not sure if I should bleed the front brakes to improve where they the brakes are engaging?  I don't think there is any adjustment for engagement for the front brakes - right?  Trying not to replace the rotors, but want to get a closer and stronger brake on the front - like it was before the winter tear down.  Guess it could be possible to glazed the brake pads when I took it for a test ride and put the front wheel on the wrong side?  :cp
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange

Bixxer Bob

The fronts are difficult to bleed properly.  I spent ages on mine recently, if you look for my post you'll see what I did.  Tying back the lever overnight often works to improve it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

fraserdog

Try as i might i could not get a decent feel to the front brake on my 02 tiger,it would be ok for a day or so then go back to as it was.Eventually i swapped out the master cylinder for one from a 2012 800 tiger and it transformed the front brake.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a