News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front brake caliper

Started by Vampyre, April 28, 2016, 02:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyre

Hi gurus.

Does anybody know what are partnumbers for front brake calipers of 885i '99 or which other bikes they fit? I know that these Nissin calipers are common, had the same or very similar on Transalp.

Want to order repair kit somewhere else then Triumph site, too expensive for me

Thanks in advance.
885i T709 1999

JoeDirt

A very long list of Triumphs use that exact caliper. Please keep in mind there are lefts and rights.

Visit this link to see long list: http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/detail/triumph/t2020542/b1796818

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

JoeDirt

BTW... I wasn't suggesting to buy calipers from BikeBandit.com. I would buy a set of used ones off eBay and rebuild them with a kit like TimBox2 posted.

~JD

Vampyre

thank you guys

already found this store on English ebay. Asked them about caliper pistons, they have them for 20 pounds per one. So if I want to completely rebuild my calipers it will be 120 pounds for a front and 60 more if I want to rebuild also rear one. This is really and very expensive. I completely rebuilt all 4 calipers on my Subaru for 100 USD and I can place a bet that repair kit for the same caliper but marked as Honda for example will be twice cheaper.

Btw, I'm going to install armed brake tubes (not sure how they named in English properly) so I'll remove calipers anyway then I will try to find some Nissin marks on them. If I find anything useful will post it here:)
885i T709 1999