News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Luggage Mounts OEM?

Started by Steveboot, April 29, 2016, 06:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveboot

It would appear there are supposed to be some kind of bushing where the OEM luggage connects to the foot rest bracket, but theres nothing there on mine.

Anyone care to educate me on what.should be there?

Timbox2

This is what you should have

2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 29, 2016, 06:56:38 PM
This is what you should have

Yea... that's the one! Nice job Timbox2... more of a bumper than a mount. :thumbsup

Steveboot

Thats what I need! I didnt see it on the parts fiche, but will take another look and see if I can order them.

Thanks!

JoeDirt

Good luck with that... I have not seen those separate from the panniers or on any exploded assembly. You would be hard pressed to find the part number. I bought a full set of 955i Tiger fasteners from eBay and the ones pictured from below were in the box. One is missing the rubber bumper. They are yours for the postage from NC. That's if you want them.
:m

I use Pelican cases... I do not have a need for them.

---------------------

I just found some on eBay at:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-TRIUMPH-Tiger-955-955i-LEFT-FOOTPEG-BRACKET-/131748617473
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-TRIUMPH-Tiger-955-955i-RIGHT-FOOTPEG-BRACKET-/381613764447

Steveboot

Thanks, Ill take them! Pm me and Ill paypal you.  Really appreciate it.

One thing though, in Timbox2's picture it looks like the bend in the bracket is toward the wheel, but mine are mounted with the bend to the outside.

Which is correct?

JoeDirt

I really don't know... Maybe Timbox2 can post a better picture. Maybe even one with the pannier installed. :m

Timbox2

Cant get at panniers at the moment, but here is another pic which should make things clearer, you can see the bend goes out, and anyway, the bracket on the pannier should be obvious as to where the footrest bracket needs to be, you need to adjust them so that the buffer sits in the middle

2016 Tiger Sport

Vampyre

Quote from: Steveboot on April 30, 2016, 03:18:52 PM
Thats what I need! I didnt see it on the parts fiche, but will take another look and see if I can order them.

Thanks!
You can't order them, Triumph completely stopped support of these cases, they even don't know what type of plastic was used for panniers.

Had the same issue on the right, fixed it with black duct tape:)
885i T709 1999