News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to load a new map ??

Started by Tiger-G, May 18, 2016, 04:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi,

I recently invested in a cable so I could play around with TuneECU, so I could hopefully diagnose a few problems - without much luck me thinks !!

Anyroadup - I'd really like to try a new map on my 2006 Tiger 955i, but I'm struggling to pin down a simple step by step procedure for someone who's not familiar with the TuneECU software. Where do I find the TOR map, how to I unload the current tune, how do I upload the new tune ?? Are there any better maps out there to add a bit of power and torque to Tiger ??

Many thanks in advance,
Graeme  :icon_biggrin:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

nickjtc

Lots of videos to be found on this topic.

This one is for a 1050 but the general idea is the same for all bikes:

Diagnostic mode chat starts at about 5 minutes in.

Another one, for a Daytona, same principle:

Be patient and don't change anything until you know what you are doing!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Tiger-G

Ha, thanks Nick, now you tell me, after I couldn't resist resetting the TPS, then reading that you shouldn't just reset it, you've got to wait until voltages stabilize, reset, etc  :icon_lol:

Thanks for the info, will have a look  :icon_biggrin:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Bixxer Bob

Go to the TuneECU website and read the manuals.  And then do it again, over and over again until you have a grasp of what you're doing.  I spent weeks reading and re-reading everything I could find in the early years.  If you jump in quick you'll be sorry. 

Rule one:  If it's running ok don't eff with it; you'll spend hours chasing ideas of what might improve whatever you perceive to be wrong only to end up worse than when you started. I know because - over the years - I've done exactly that.  I've done my learning, and idiotic mistakes in full view of the world.  See my tag "I make the mistakes so you don't have to"??? That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Knowledge doesn't come cheap.

Now, if you still want to play ....  good luck  :thumbsup

Oh, and one thing I learned recently; the ECU stores all this remapping activity.  Mine shows 82 remaps.  Imagine what that's going to do to the resale value (if I actually cared) ..  :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on May 18, 2016, 07:43:58 PM
Go to the TuneECU website and read the manuals.  And then do it again, over and over again until you have a grasp of what you're doing.  I spent weeks reading and re-reading everything I could find in the early years.  If you jump in quick you'll be sorry. 

Rule one:  If it's running ok don't eff with it; you'll spend hours chasing ideas of what might improve whatever you perceive to be wrong only to end up worse than when you started. I know because - over the years - I've done exactly that.  I've done my learning, and idiotic mistakes in full view of the world.  See my tag "I make the mistakes so you don't have to"??? That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Knowledge doesn't come cheap.

Now, if you still want to play ....  good luck  :thumbsup

Oh, and one thing I learned recently; the ECU stores all this remapping activity.  Mine shows 82 remaps.  Imagine what that's going to do to the resale value (if I actually cared) ..  :icon_rolleyes:

So mines a relative virgin having only been "Mapped", 9 times.  Could be the start of a new euphemism here, "Gave the old girl a good re-mapping last night"
2016 Tiger Sport

Tiger-G

What maps do you recommend for the 955 ??

Is the TOR one the best ?? And with a standard exhaust what number map is it please ??

Merci  :icon_biggrin:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Bixxer Bob

10173 will work fine.  You can play around with custom maps but bear in mind you don't know what else on the bike it came from was changed and what in the map has been changed unless you do the analysis.

Don't mess with timing unless you REALLY know what you're doing.  If you screw up the fuelling it'll just run rough or not at all.  If you screw the timiing you can do proper damage.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Tiger-G

Thanks mate, appreciate the info  :-)
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on May 18, 2016, 08:18:36 PM
Could be the start of a new euphemism here, "Gave the old girl a good re-mapping last night"

Now that is funny!!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Timbox2 on May 18, 2016, 08:18:36 PM

"Gave the old girl a good re-mapping last night"

If only we could......  :icon_rolleyes: