News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Quick Tune ECU info please

Started by Tiger-G, May 10, 2016, 10:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

The split tube is common and the most usual cause of poor tickover / dying when stopping.

The injector fault could be wiring, I guess you'll have checked the injector plug, but also check the plugs at the ECU end to mke sure the pins are clean.

I use a Carbtune for the throttle bodies http://www.carbtune.co.uk/  well worth the money.

To set them up I put a short piece of silicon pipe from the throttle body stubs to a plastic T piece then the other branches of the T piece go to the IACV tube and the Carbtune.  I warm the bike up then set the throttle at 2000 rpm using a rubber ring between the handgrip and the switch housing.  Doing it this way you balance the butterflys with the IACV in circuit, just as it would be when riding.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Tiger-G

Yeah, I thought about investing in a Carbtune, they look well worth the money. Will see how I get on with my home made one for a bit.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Tiger-G

Just a quick update:

After checking the injectors, cleaning the spark plugs, balancing the throttle bodies, replacing the vacuum hoses and putting on a new air filter I started the bike with trepidation :^_^

Low and behold, whatever I did to fix it seems to have worked, even though I'm not sure what it is I fixed ??  :^_^ .

That rich /oily exhaust smell has gone, and it now smells like it should do. The bike feels soooo much better to ride, and pulls like it used to do. I did one of those so called "12 minute tunes", but not sure if it actually works after reading a few things on here ??

Sooooo...........confident in my mechanical abilities.................I had a go at putting in the TOR tune. Even that was successful (I think ??) !!  I did another "12 minute tune" and took it out for a spin. I was a bit shocked when the bike balked down at 6,000 revs, then didn't pull in any of the other gears under hard acceleration ??

Then after a few miles I tried accelerating the bike again, and it seemed to pull harder than it used to, and I'm sure it sounds a bit more "raspy". Not sure what the balking down was, and whether it will repeat itself ??

I went for a TPS reset, but couldn't get the green light to come on, so not sure if that's worked ??

Anyroadup - I just wanted to say a big thanks to those who replied on here, and the TuneECU guys for all the helpful information. Couldn't have done it without you - take a bow  :icon_salut:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

Tiger-G

Hi Chris,

Obviously I've read about the airbox mod over the years, but can't remember what it does ??

Just remind me again please ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

If you look in the 'How too' section there's a thread about it Airbox Mod all helps to give an extra bit of zip,there's been one decenter!!! But he lives on top of a mountain  :icon_biggrin:

Tiger-G

Ha, thanks for that, will have a look  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.