News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Girly is finally home

Started by Thierry, May 10, 2016, 11:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thierry

Et voilà!
A 2004 with 18200 kms (now 18850  :icon_mrgreen:). It was "rebuilt" from an accident mostly involving plastics (tank, radiator, headlight fairing, sidepanel and case and some levers). Got it at a pretty good price considering the mileage and general condition. Did a trouble free 650 kms ride to bring it home. When I arrived on the spot at 6 AM (night bus) it was snowing but quickly cleared out. Chilly day (3°C) but sunshine and blue sky. I had a blast on the road....and a speeding ticket! This engine is amazing. For a 12 years old bike, I have to say the handling and confort are pretty good. I was initially concerned by the seat height (I'm 5.8 but long legs) and I have no trouble. I even put the seat on the highest position. Great upgrade compared to the Scrambler but I'm keeping it with its sidecar. Heed crash bars and centerstand are on the way and voltage regulator will be replaced by the Mosfet R/R. Windshield is OEm and will need extension because buffeting is present.  Tomorrow, 20000 kms checkup and it will be ready for the season!

Some pics of the bike and ride.

After an hour of riding, I needed to make a "technical" break for my feet. Frozen! The rest was OK, fairing provides a good upper body wind protection but heated grip might be a good upgrade in the future.

The trip was from Rouyn-Noranda to Montreal taking the 117 and going through "Parc de la Verendrye". 200 kms of no man's land, not a house or gas station, just pine trees and lakes after lakes. Really nice road with twisties. Ideal for the Tiger.

Did not see other riders, just this guy, coming the other way and who did a quick U-turn to tell me I have just lost 2 points and 194$  :icon_mrgreen:  :cp

But that did not break my enthusiasm, just slowing down a bit! I love this bike. Girly is sleeping outside because the garage is full.
Cheers

"Did it go as planned? No, but it was part of the plan!

Sin_Tiger

Certainly a great start and I like your upgrade plans, assuming those plans don't include another :cp
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Good for you. Have a great riding season. :thumbsup
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Thierry

450 kms today in the Laurentians (north of Montreal), twisty roads and fire roads, great weather, had a blast!

"Did it go as planned? No, but it was part of the plan!