News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bleeping alarms again (that's a swear word, not an actual bleeping alarm ...)

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 14, 2021, 07:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Gonna blow my own trumpet a bit here :icon_lol:

Had a private message from a member with a dead Girly.  He'd removed the alarm and shorted together the pins advised by a friend. Still dead.  I advised him to connect the correct pins and have just had a message to say she lives!  The two events may not be connected, but I'm taking it anyway!  :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

London_Phil

Nice One..

I had to remove the alarm I fitted from my Steamer at a Rally after it failed when I arrived and wouldn't disarm.
I'd hard wired it, and it was fun to remove, but it got me back on the road. Even as a London Boy, I don't really bother with alarms now, as they seem to be more trouble than they are worth, unless it really affects your insurance.

JayDub

They're pretty useless, as passers-by simply continue to pass by.
I have an alarm fitted, but only use it if I could hear it myself if it did go off.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Timbox2

Well done Bixxer, Ive still got a photo of the bypass plug I made myself when my last Datatool failed. ( Cut the plug off alarm and converted it)
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Well done both  :thumbsup

I agree with the general sentiment, "Immobilising" / integrated alarms are of very limited benefit other than against insurance costs. Personally I'd rather have independent units.

I took the time to correctly bypass a Triumph factory unit a few years ago and in the course of modifying the loom, stripped out all the redundant, associated cables and connectors. I was a little shocked at how much was involved. Apart from the clutter / bulk reduction, there was a measurable weight saving and I'm talking a big mac's worth  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Timbox2 on March 14, 2021, 11:15:56 PM
Well done Bixxer, Ive still got a photo of the bypass plug I made myself when my last Datatool failed. ( Cut the plug off alarm and converted it)

I have a vague mental picture of standing on my mum's drive talking to you about it on the phone at the time :icon_lol:  How many years ago was that?   She's been dead a few years so it has to be a good while.  Or maybe it was someone else  ;)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 16, 2021, 08:23:36 PM
I have a vague mental picture of standing on my mum's drive talking to you about it on the phone at the time :icon_lol:  How many years ago was that?   She's been dead a few years so it has to be a good while.  Or maybe it was someone else  ;)

Yep, does ring a bell (Pun) phoning you up about it, would have been 2009/10 or therabouts?
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob