Author Topic: Finally connected to Tune ECU, and a surprising discovery  (Read 1201 times)

May 15, 2016, 03:40:51 PM on

Offline Timbox2 (OP)

• Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
So, went and bought a new Laptop today, only a fairly basic cheapish HP Stream. Windows 10 already on it. After setting it up and letting it update itself etc installed TUNE ECU, connected my original cable and it installed all by itself. Went up the garage and it connected first time, and here is where it gets interesting.  The Map that the Triumph dealer installed a couple of weeks back is 10175, which according to the Tune ECU site is Brazil only, so maybe Tune ECU's info is incorrect, I cant imagine a Triumph Dealer loading a Brazil map by mistake?

Can TUNE ECU get at map history?  Ok scratch that, yes Ive found the history logs and again its interesting, in total there are 9 logs, but some of them have ???? against the map number, but I can see 3 previous maps, 10120, 10121 and then the latest one that Triumph put in 10175
2016 Tiger Sport

May 15, 2016, 05:03:51 PMReply #1 on

Offline nickjtc

• Captain Buzzkill
  • Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
I cant imagine a Triumph Dealer loading a Brazil map by mistake?

I regret to say that anything is possible at the hands of an OEM dealership!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

May 15, 2016, 06:27:31 PMReply #2 on

Offline JoeDirt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Life's a garden... dig it!
I cant imagine a Triumph Dealer loading a Brazil map by mistake?

Well, after doing some shallow reading. Brazil is the only developing country trying to meet emission targets. I am sure that the emissions were less than ones required in the UK. :*&*

May 16, 2016, 07:34:14 PMReply #3 on

Offline Timbox2 (OP)

• Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
Well, ive loaded the 10121 map in tonight. I used the compare feature to look at the differences between 10121 and 10175 and the only obvious changes were the Ignition advance settings(Fuel quality?). I'll see if I notice any big differences over the coming days
2016 Tiger Sport

May 16, 2016, 09:29:18 PMReply #4 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • Max the Moderator
Brazil has been running high levels of ethanol for many years, that's the only thing that jumps out at me.  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

May 17, 2016, 07:20:10 PMReply #5 on

Offline Bixxer Bob

• Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
  • I make the mistakes so you don't have to.....
The only timea dealer mapped minehe put in one from a Speed Triple.  Needless to say it was crap.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...