News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Finally connected to Tune ECU, and a surprising discovery

Started by Timbox2, May 15, 2016, 05:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, went and bought a new Laptop today, only a fairly basic cheapish HP Stream. Windows 10 already on it. After setting it up and letting it update itself etc installed TUNE ECU, connected my original cable and it installed all by itself. Went up the garage and it connected first time, and here is where it gets interesting.  The Map that the Triumph dealer installed a couple of weeks back is 10175, which according to the Tune ECU site is Brazil only, so maybe Tune ECU's info is incorrect, I cant imagine a Triumph Dealer loading a Brazil map by mistake?

Can TUNE ECU get at map history?  Ok scratch that, yes Ive found the history logs and again its interesting, in total there are 9 logs, but some of them have ???? against the map number, but I can see 3 previous maps, 10120, 10121 and then the latest one that Triumph put in 10175
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on May 15, 2016, 05:40:51 PM
I cant imagine a Triumph Dealer loading a Brazil map by mistake?

I regret to say that anything is possible at the hands of an OEM dealership!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JoeDirt

Quote from: Timbox2 on May 15, 2016, 05:40:51 PM
I cant imagine a Triumph Dealer loading a Brazil map by mistake?

Well, after doing some shallow reading. Brazil is the only developing country trying to meet emission targets. I am sure that the emissions were less than ones required in the UK. :*&*

Timbox2

Well, ive loaded the 10121 map in tonight. I used the compare feature to look at the differences between 10121 and 10175 and the only obvious changes were the Ignition advance settings(Fuel quality?). I'll see if I notice any big differences over the coming days
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Brazil has been running high levels of ethanol for many years, that's the only thing that jumps out at me.  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

The only timea dealer mapped minehe put in one from a Speed Triple.  Needless to say it was crap.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...