News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Annual mileage

Started by Sin_Tiger, May 26, 2016, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Got a ticking off  :cp from the mechanic when I took the Steamer in for it's MOT, not putting enough miles on it between MOT's there were moths in the air box.

He let me off with a warning seeing as they were genuine parts being Tiger Moths  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JoeDirt

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 26, 2016, 05:44:45 PM
Got a ticking off  :cp from the mechanic when I took the Steamer in for it's MOT, not putting enough miles on it between MOT's there were moths in the air box.

He let me off with a warning seeing as they were genuine parts being Tiger Moths  :augie
poser  :ImaPoser

I can relate though ,too many bikes ......not enough hours in the day .

I am stalling doing Mrs M's tiger for beginning of season maint .
and forcing her to ride her Bonneville , the poor neglected thing .
(the bike not Mrs. M)

14 years old and she's managed to put 11 k on it .  :mut can you guess which bike she rides the most ?

ghulst

Hahahaha :)

Now stop joking and do some miles. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

GavD

a meagre 1200 miles on the Tiger, and a minuscule  95 on the XL  :nono
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Nick Calne

Ha. You lucky guys with time to ride a lot...

I normally count the number of rides in a year, not the miles done. :icon_frown:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

In the good old days when I was instructing and visiting students all over the province I would routinely put 20k kms under the wheels each season. These days, being a 8.30-4.30 a day working stiff it is harder to do, and I'm lucky if I get even close to 10k kms.

This year will be the exception, of course. :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ghulst

Quote from: Nick Calne on May 26, 2016, 11:28:36 PM
Ha. You lucky guys with time to ride a lot...
It isn't the time I have to ride a lot, it is just the mileage I choose to use the bike instead of the car. ;) Hopefully I can do a bit more of that this year than I did last. I only did 8K km or so last year, where I did 16K the year before. I am at something like 7K right now, so that promises good things for this year. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

HockleyBoy

Opposite for me, use mine pretty much everyday all year round so am putting 20 - 25k miles on mine each year. Unfortunately it means I am forever working on the bike as something always needs doing, changing or renewing!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport