News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Changing footpegs

Started by ghulst, May 28, 2016, 12:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Can someone tell me how I can take the footpegs off? It looks like it has some kind of clip ring on there, but I am not sure.  :icon_redface:
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

nickjtc

There will be a pin holding the footpeg to the bracket with a spring around it which makes the peg fold up. The pin is held by an 'e' clip. Prise the 'e' clip (carefully, so as not to bend it) out of the groove at the end of the pin and the pin will slide out. Note the positioning of the spring for re-assembly. Change the footpeg (hopefully to one of Mustang's :icon_wink:) replace the spring and slide the pin through the mounting hole. Then replace the 'e' clip.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ghulst

Right, so just the e-clip. I wondered whether it was more.

And no, unfortunately not one of Mustang's, but a generic motocross one that I found in my parts bin that seems to have the same pin diameter and about the same width. But it is twice as wide and slightly lower. I still need to save up for a set of lowered pegs and changed brake pedal and shifter.

Just wanted to try these as I have them lying around anyway.

London_Phil

Have you tried just removing the rubber upper, which bolts to the metal
It makes a small difference, at no cost

ghulst

The rubber has been off from the day after I parked the Tiger in my garage. ;)

ghulst

I had some Suzuki RM85 motocross foot pegs lying around that I wrongly ordered...

So I tried it on for size this afternoon. It actually fits quite well, but the mounting is about 5mm too short. Which means I need to get someone to weld on a 5mm strip.