News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

shock drift

Started by Spud, June 01, 2016, 08:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

new shock has arrived old one almost out except of course the pin hold the bloody thing in bolt came out very easy, has anyone got a drift or tool to remove the pin or do I need to make one

Forks serviced and new steering bearings going in some nice rusty coloured water came out when I removed the steering head

any idea's help appreciated

cheers Spud

Dyn Blin

This is why we can't have nice things.

PeteH

Great write up if your swing arms the same.....make sure you give it a good soaking of plus gas
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

:icon_eek: Oooh that doesn't sound good, hope your head race bearings come out without needing a lot of drama.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 02, 2016, 10:59:26 AM
:icon_eek: Oooh that doesn't sound good, hope your head race bearings come out without needing a lot of drama.

little tap with a rubber mallet and they popped straight out and they needed replacing could feel anything through the steering but when we looked at the actual bearing it was time for new

cheers Spud 

Spud

well got the rear shock sleeve moving then the bar stripped it's threads bugger back to square one ;-(

cheers Spud

Timbox2

Quote from: Spud on June 04, 2016, 06:25:31 PM
well got the rear shock sleeve moving then the bar stripped it's threads bugger back to square one ;-(

cheers Spud

And I thought you read my post where exactly the same thing happened. Honestly mate, its easier to take the swingarm off and get it on its side on a block of wood, 2 decent hits and it was out. PS: You are pushing/hitting from right to left arent you?
2016 Tiger Sport

Spud

left to right because of the exhaust, the sleeve has moved. My bike is an casted wheel model on a 06 plate looks to me like the pin is just straight through unless someone knows better

my main concern now is if it takes that much effort to get out how much is it going to take to get back in and what potential damage can be done to the new bearing on the new shock

cheers Spud 

Timbox2

Quote from: Spud on June 05, 2016, 10:26:01 AM
left to right because of the exhaust, the sleeve has moved. My bike is an casted wheel model on a 06 plate looks to me like the pin is just straight through unless someone knows better

my main concern now is if it takes that much effort to get out how much is it going to take to get back in and what potential damage can be done to the new bearing on the new shock

cheers Spud

Ah, ok, didnt realise yours was a cast wheel bike. Ive had one of them too and mine came out fairly easy. Ive always bought a new pin and they go back pretty easy, though  if not too bad can be cleaned up with emery. When I did my cast wheel bike, the new pin was a push fit with finger pressure after cleaning the swingarm bore.
2016 Tiger Sport

Spud

where did you get the new sleeve from mate

cheers Spud

Chris Canning

He got it from Jack Lilley.

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on June 05, 2016, 11:10:17 AM
He got it from Jack Lilley.

I did indeed, but for some strange reason, the same part for the cast wheel bikes is now shown as obsolete, no longer available???  Part no was T2057970, you may have to ring round the dealers to see if someones got one on the shelf, Id start with Jack Lilley anyway.
2016 Tiger Sport

trophydave

I got a sleeve and bottom shock bearing from Sprint manufacturing when I did mine.

PeteH

Spud, Its probably seized in the bearing, plus gas /heat should help to release it ? if you need any stud bar or owt let me know and I`ll post it .
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

Quote from: trophydave on June 05, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
I got a sleeve and bottom shock bearing from Sprint manufacturing when I did mine.

Is yours a cast wheel bike? As Sprint now only show them for the spoke wheel version
2016 Tiger Sport