News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

iacv mystery.

Started by adetheblade, June 08, 2016, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adetheblade

hello all, just purchased a 2001 955i girly and am slowly going through the bike and ironing out any problems. it has the famous spewing coolant trouble which hopefully a new cap tomorrow will solve. the other issue i have is lumpy idling and cutouts when warm stopping at lights ect in particular. when i replaced vacuum pipes with silicone ones as suggested on here, cylinder one was connected to a blanked out `nipple` for some reason, can that be correct ? there are four inlet points starting with blanked out and so inlet 4 when all 3 pipes were connected is open !!!  that cant be right can it ? any advice greatly appreciated. thanks all Ade

Timbox2

No wonder you got lumpy idling, no it aint right, nothing goes to the blanked off one as you thought.
2016 Tiger Sport

Dyn Blin

Same setup was used for 4 cylinders, so one nipple on the triples is unused.
This is why we can't have nice things.