News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Valve check

Started by Timbox2, June 13, 2016, 06:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Finally got round to checking the clearances, and at 30k miles they are all in spec. Well, Ive actually got 1 exhaust at .21 but I aint gonna bother.  Cam chain looks nice and tight too with plenty left on the tensioner. Gonna need a new cam box seal though, old ones pretty shagged
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Quote from: Timbox2 on June 13, 2016, 06:56:50 AM
Well, Ive actually got 1 exhaust at .21 but I aint gonna bother.

You did all the heavy lifting... easy part was changing the shim. :icon_rolleyes:

Mustang

meh..................    .21 is basically in spec  :augie

it is only two tenths of a thousandth of an inch , do you realize how small that is  ? it just aint gonna matter 1 bit

JoeDirt

Quote from: Mustang on June 13, 2016, 05:46:24 PM

it is only two tenths of a thousandth of an inch , do you realize how small that is  ? it just aint gonna matter 1 bit

I know... I was just busting his  :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Timbox2

Quote from: Mustang on June 13, 2016, 05:46:24 PM

My thoughts too, that JD is trying to get me to bite :*&*
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

See my other post;  I just want to push my heap to the back of the garage at the moment and forget about it.  Too many other jobs to do....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...