News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Interesting Trumpet book

Started by Timbox2, July 03, 2016, 10:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Picked this up the other day

Good history lesson and quite a bit of input from BB's mate Clive Woods among others. A Chapter on the Steamer with quite a bit of info, but centre stage goes to the Speed Triples, undestandable when you realise the author has three. Oh and ive no idea why, but I want one now
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on July 03, 2016, 10:03:51 PM
Oh and ive no idea why, but I want one now

Funny how that seems to happen, isn't it??? :icon_wink: :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

You might until you see the prices they fetch nowadays  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 04, 2016, 05:51:33 PM
You might until you see the prices they fetch nowadays  :bug_eye
Yep, typical me, missed the boat for cheap-uns. Though there is a tidyish Daytona 900 just round the corner from me that the bloke is asking £1000, open to offers, ripe for a conversion?
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Personally I wouldn't, the Daytonas will come into their own in time and a fake STripple will never pay you back. Worth a puntry at that money if the plastics are good.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sparky

Quote from: Timbox2 on July 03, 2016, 10:03:51 PM
Picked this up the other day

Good history lesson and quite a bit of input from BB's mate Clive Woods among others. A Chapter on the Steamer with quite a bit of info, but centre stage goes to the Speed Triples, undestandable when you realise the author has three. Oh and ive no idea why, but I want one now

Thanks for the heads up I just bought a copy off Amazon.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

Timbox2

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 04, 2016, 11:25:53 PM
Personally I wouldn't, the Daytonas will come into their own in time and a fake STripple will never pay you back. Worth a puntry at that money if the plastics are good.

Ah no Sin, you misunderstand, not a STtriple fake, thoughts of doing one of these   http://www.caferacerkits.co.uk/product/crk900-kit/#

and not as an investment, just something to play with in the garage over the winter
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Fair enough  :bad looks like required  :icon_study: