News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel pressure issue

Started by Kingbob, August 22, 2016, 02:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingbob

im just getting rather peed off with it

Kingbob

im thinking its the fuel pressure regulator the pooped

Chris Canning

Quote from: Kingbob on August 26, 2016, 07:39:44 PM
im just getting rather peed off with it

With the greatest of respect the first thing I'd do is strip the tank off put a new filter in, the tank will be full of shit(they all are) then put it back together as per the book check the pump and if it doesn't work ask questions.

I'm really the last person you should as I had 2 885i's from new and I thought they were both shite  :icon_lol:

Kingbob

had th tank of 6 times pump out twice changed the filter cleaned the tank out which did have a small amount of water in and crud but still no joy
the pump is new and was working fine till i stripped it all down 2 weeks ago to change the head gasket

Chris Canning

So your saying the pump isn't working now?

And come to think of it Tim had the same problem after he had stripped his the pump had just got kaput but if yours is new it's either a connection or fuse or another pump to prove the other two wrong.

Kingbob

i ment the bike was running and ticking over ok untill i stripped it down and rebuilt it but now its as if there is too much pressure in the return hose from the common rail to the tank  and on the return there is only the port into the tank which is free and the fuel pressure regulator
thats why i think theres and issue with the fuel pressure regulator but id like to know exactly what it does

Chris Canning

I can't help because I've never had a problem despite having my tank way into double figures but there's plenty of info if you google Triumph tiger fuel reg not anyone seems too concerned about such.

Kingbob

PeteH

got one here if you want to try it...

ps, did you find where he other end of the tube went??
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

Starts, runs, then dies after a minute or so....

Dunno which options you've eliminated so basics.

Does it run ok with the fuel cap open?  Possible blocked breather.

When it dies are the plugs wet? Evidence that fuel is getting through (or not).

Are the injectors firing after it stops?  Take the airbox off and look in the inlets.

Reason I'm raising this is you say you have fuel pressure and a new pump, so... assuming there is enough pressure from the pump the only thing that can be happening is the relief valve isn't opening so there's too much pressure in the fuel line.  You'd know about it if that was the case because it'd have been a big spurt when you disconnected it and while it was running it would have smelled awfully rich.

Without checking the actual fuel line pressure it's hard to know what's going on.  If the new pump is ok and the pressure is down then you have either a leak, a blocked filter or a u/s regulator.  Checking the injectors are passing fuel will give you a clue.

If they aren't then the most likely reason is a weak battery.  (WEak batteries will crank the engine but the starter takes so much of the ampage that the ECU can't fire the injectors).
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Kingbob

Hi thanks for the info it ended up being the plug inside the tank to the pump which was very loose.

But still not fixed
It ticks over till it warms up a little then slowly dies but if you give it a little throttle it runs but rough ?

Kingbob

Fixed it
i will hold my hands up  it was all my fault yes im a plonka
the icav wasnt plugged in
so now it works a treat and is forsale

Bixxer Bob

:cp

We need a "smacks forehead" emojie.....

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...