News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel pressure issue

Started by Kingbob, August 22, 2016, 02:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingbob

i hope someone can help
i bought 885i  it starts and runs for a minute ish and then slowly dies
Now if i disconnect the top/return fuel pipe from the tank it squirts and reconnect it the bike will then start and run for a minute ish again
but if i dont disconnect release the pressure and reconnect the pipe it wont start at all.
all done with the fuel filler cap off/open so the tank isnt pressurising

any advice ???

nickjtc

If it's fuel injected it needs the pressure from the fuel pump to force the fuel through the injectors, unlike a carburetted bike. So if there is pressure then your fuel pump is probably ok. Kinked fuel supply line?? I'm sure someone will chime in on this....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Kingbob

checked all pipes no kinks
should there be pressure in the return pipe too ?
and why would it start after releasing the return pipe pressure

PeteH

The return and feed pipe are on a common rail so yes it will be pressurised, apart from that I have no idea what the problem is...sorry...
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Kingbob

Im wondering if there is a blockage in the tank on the return.
Tank off again lol

PeteH

Have you tried just taking the return pipe off and pushing in the plunger on the tank fitting?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: PeteH on August 24, 2016, 10:53:47 AM
Have you tried just taking the return pipe off and pushing in the plunger on the tank fitting?

With a fire extinguisher close at hand  :grnb
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Kingbob

yes the plunger seems fine
i might take the tank off tonight

PeteH

Kingbob

Timbox2

Think youve got to take the fuel pump plate off and investigate, blocked filter, blown pipes, pump???
2016 Tiger Sport

Kingbob

The hose thats on the fuel pressure regulater is that suppose to be connected somewhere ?

PeteH

Quote from: Kingbob on August 25, 2016, 10:59:29 PM
The hose thats on the fuel pressure regulater is that suppose to be connected somewhere ?

Yes, but I dont know where....you will have to trace it back

Kingbob

Found where it goes on the airbox
But still no joy
I think i might ebay it and go back to bmws

Chris Canning

Ha ha with an 1100s for the last 16 years a K1200r Sport for 7 years an a new S1000XR I like keeping my 955 Tiger it's easy to work on and I do it all my self well nearly all :rrr :icon_biggrin: