News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Tire Valve Stems, 06 cast wheel?

Started by SteveFord, September 17, 2016, 03:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveFord

Triumph wants around $25 out the door for a pair of metal 90 degree valve stems.
Can anyone recommend an alternate source for my next tire change?
Thanks!

nickjtc

Quote from: SteveFord on September 17, 2016, 03:03:19 PM
Triumph wants around $25 out the door for a pair of metal 90 degree valve stems.
Thanks!

Any tyre place should be able to help, and a lot cheaper. You don't need to go for OEM.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

Quote from: SteveFord on September 17, 2016, 03:03:19 PM
Thanks!

What you are paying for is the lack of hassle!! They are not all the same size as in the size of the hole in the wheel,so the cheap option is take the wheel out cut the valve out and measure the hole,I only learned such when changing to 90 degree on my Dymags  :icon_frown: it's a pain.

SteveFord

I sold off my tire changer (manual Coates) so will be taking it somewhere else and they mostly do Harley so I doubt they'll have a proper replacement.
I'd rather not buy a new one from Triumph so would anyone have the dimensions for what will work?

Triumph's parts pricing are such that I'd rather NEVER buy anything from Triumph!

SteveFord

I didn't find a match up for the valve stem but I did get some new Michelin Pilot Road 4s put on.
These just feel great on the bike - slow steering due to the 19" front wheel and they do a good job on sucking up small bumps.