News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mechanics! bring your ears on that. I need you

Started by klingklang, September 28, 2016, 03:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

What is doing this exhaust annoying puff? I checked for leak, headers gasket, joints..niet.  any idea?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzCOvRAEOcgCNWUtekNIYnd5b00/view?usp=sharing

JoeDirt

If you have another muffler/TOR can to try... or can bare to run without the muffler with ear plugs in for a short time. It sounds like an exhaust leak or something lose in the muffler to me.

benebob

Ditto but doesn't sound like any Triumph triple I know.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

thebiglad

When I first heard it (the noise) it made me think of engines that run with 1 cylinder down. What do you guys think, only running on 2?

Cheers
Dave
2006 Tiger 955i

Timbox2

I was getting a similar sound when I had a hole in one of the IACV tubes
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

klingklang

think I found,  Timbox wake me up. I've had to change to iacv valve (rusted) last spring and lost  my settings. I had few back pop too.  I took the computer and raised the CO a bit and it reduce it, So I raised it until it stop but now my RPM is about 1300-1400. I'll wait a bit to stabilize  CPU set itself a bit and will try to go lower on IACV value to reduce rpm.