News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Kilter around the Kyles

Started by Sin_Tiger, October 05, 2016, 12:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Enjoyed that boys good write up,although I have never forgotten the OP leaving my house at a time when most sane folk were thinking of going to bed and rode though the night back to Jockland so the full ticket it ain't  :icon_biggrin: and with the amount of wet you saw why our golden rule is always go south the rain is warmer.

Even googled Glencoe Massacre :icon_eek:

mat-tiger1

Excellent RR Sin!  :notworthy Nice to see you guys getting out and about!  :thumbsup

I think a return trip up north is definitely on the cards for a future TT meet!  :icon_cool:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Timbox2

very good, and "Cut yer own head off".
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

Thanks Niall.  A superb and very inspiring report, I've seen nowhere enough of that country, which needs to be rectified...
"I think a return trip up north is definitely on the cards for a future TT meet!"
...Absolutely! - if I can wait that long  :bad
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

The Missing Link

It irked me that I hadn't done my planning 100% and we handn't been able to find the North end of the planned route using twatnavs (neither make was any good before we get into that) so given a dry day that started out with sunny spells but clouded over as soon as I put a helmet on  :icon_rolleyes: and permission to roam granted  :bowdown off I went to find the South end.

Looking South over the small reservoir down the glen towards the Isle of Arran, not quite visible in the haze.

Looking NW over the moors, just visible in the distance are the Kyles of Bute and the Cowal Peninsula.

Looking North over the moors, just visible in the distance is the Cowal Peninsula and I think Ben Lomond in the far distance.

Apart from a few sheep and I think an Osprey, two young Roe Deer bucks (strangely very close to town) decided they weren't too fussed about finding they're way back through the bushes, which was a bit of a bugger on a gravelly downhill hairpin  :icon_eek:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

I'm out of touch. Just discovered this post. Thanks a lot. it looked like fun.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

It was fun, I did tell Sin he ought to market the trip. "The Best of Scotland"
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JayDub

Quote from: John Stenhouse on November 23, 2016, 08:11:43 PM
It was fun, I did tell Sin he ought to market the trip. "The Best of Scotland"
I noticed that he's quite knowledgeable of the Jockistan region, and I bet he knows all the midges by name  :bowdown
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

John Stenhouse

Ah I see I didn't tip him enough so he sent the midge from hell to infect my eye

Sin_Tiger

Just came across this, better footage than I managed to get.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

That's great footage, we rode through that  :icon_eek: