News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Devon and Somerset day out.

Started by Timbox2, October 14, 2016, 09:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Two Sundays ago jumped on Tigger and told the missus Id be gone a few hours, had no idea where I was going but ended up heading for Zummerzet (sic).

For the sake of time constraints I took the Motorway to Bridgwater, and even then, until you get past Minehead the roads are, testing, to say the least.

First stop was Dunster, and a butty stop outside the old Yarn market.

This is coming down Contisbury Hill with Lynmouth and Lynton in the distance, the previous 12 miles are a good test of suspension and brakes.

Lynmouth, looking up the gorge of the East Lyn River

Just over the road looking up the West Lyn river, it was the convergence of the East and West Rivers that contributed to the terrible flood of 1952 http://www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk/kiosk/1-information?assetid=373083&position=1&root=364419&next=368481

No flood today.

Just beyond those hills is where Id started out from, thats Wales, but its 100 odd miles by road. They have a saying on the Welsh side, "If you cant see England, its raining. If you can, rains on the way".  :icon_lol:

Heading back, but not before...................

.......A stop off in Minehead at the West Somerset railway.

Proper engineering

Only 220 odd miles, on one tank of fuel easily, nice day and the perfect bike for it.
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 15, 2016, 01:06:54 PM
:thumbsup make the best of the  :*

Not much of it today, thats for sure, feet up in front of the TV watching the lovely Kate Beckinsale. Think its time to start ordering caliper kits etc for winter maintenance
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Lovely pics. Thanks. went to the Butlins holiday camp at Minehead when I were a nipper!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"