News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEW Triumph Bobber

Started by Bixxer Bob, October 20, 2016, 11:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Not my thing but looks like a well screwed together grass-roots motorcycle.  And if it gets a few "Hipsters" onto two wheels it can't be bad.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Likewise. I'm just surprised it's taken them so long, hope they haven't missed the boat  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

I wouldn't kick it out of the garage!  :bad
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Chris Canning

Makes me even more determined to keep my 955 going because I most certainly don't like where Triumph are going  :icon_sad:

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on October 20, 2016, 11:36:15 AM
Not my thing but looks like a well screwed together grass-roots motorcycle.  And if it gets a few "Hipsters" onto two wheels it can't be bad.

I'm with Bob. Any machine that entices/encourages people on to two wheels is a good thing imho. And Triumph has the huge advantage that their engine configuration is not 'cookie-cutter' v-twin, so it looks a bit different.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

I can't say I really, really want one but it's not a bad looking thing.  Am I allowed to say it's more interesting than a thruxton? (Heresy?)

Why not make it, especially if it gets more people into bikes.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nick Calne

...but is it just me or are Triumph's bikes getting progressively a bit on the 'old man' side of things?

Bixxer Bob

Money talks, as they say Nick, and that's where the stats are. Even the Japanese makers are struggling to sell sports bikes, most that rode them now ride GSs and there isn't the uptake in the younger guys.  Bonnie's for older British and quirky cruisers for the American market keep them going.  I only mentioned the hipsters because they feature in the advertising and it dawned on me "Ah, that's what it's for..." You can wear your cool expensive  hipster gear, jump on your cool Triumph Bobber and ride down to Costa to make the GS riders look like dinosaurs.  :rfl

Bixxer Bob

I also read that Triumph topped the UK sales this year with around 7.5k bikes sold followed by BMW with 6.5k but those numbers are just from my hazy memory.

Nick Calne

Sadly you are right. This whole hipster thing only really works though if you do the bike yourself. Buying a fake pastiche-old bike doesn't really cut it for the younger guys, like those on the advert. So these aren't for hipsters, they are for middle aged wannabees. Bet you the average age purchaser is 50 plus.  You are right about the gs brigade. It's a fad that is probably getting close to having run its mainstream course. It all looks a bit dorky and old hat these days.

I still think there is a need for a less friendly, high speed,  bad boy monster arsehole dickhead bike in any manufacturers range.

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on October 21, 2016, 04:01:07 PM
I still think there is a need for a less friendly, high speed,  bad boy monster arsehole dickhead bike in any manufacturers range.

:thumbsup :ImaPoser

Bring back the Kawasaki Mach 1 and to hell with the emissions boys.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on October 21, 2016, 04:04:17 PM
:thumbsup :ImaPoser

Bring back the Kawasaki Mach 1 and to hell with the emissions boys.
Yeah, and scrap the helmet law... lets make bikes exciting again  :bad
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

ghulst

Quote from: JayDub on October 21, 2016, 08:05:08 PM
Yeah, and scrap the helmet law... lets make bikes exciting again  :bad
Did you see BMW's future of motorcycling presentation last week? They have predicted that soon we won't need helmets anymore. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Nick Calne