News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Name that bike??

Started by Timbox2, October 21, 2016, 09:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

This pulled in to the steelhorse cafe this afternoon and I thought it would make an interesting little quiz

Oh yes, and dont be fooled by the obvious engine, thats not the answer.
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Looks like the tank off an AJS Stormer, with a Bantam engine.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Ok, the engine is a red herring as it's not correct, originally it would have come with a Villiers or Maico engine.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Looked at it and thought!! Not a clue then thought I'll cheat and phone my mate Roger up who'll know and then just started doing some(more) work on the Tiger and thought Sprite?

Oh alright I'll get me coat :icon_redface:

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 22, 2016, 11:12:08 AM
Looked at it and thought!! Not a clue then thought I'll cheat and phone my mate Roger up who'll know and then just started doing some(more) work on the Tiger and thought Sprite?

Oh alright I'll get me coat :icon_redface:

I thought you might get it Chris, yep, Sprite , offered originally as a build yourself kit to avoid purchase tax, and made not far from you I believe

For info: http://www.historywebsite.co.uk/Museum/Transport/Motorcycles/Sprite.htm
2016 Tiger Sport