News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch cable

Started by Spud Murphy, October 26, 2016, 04:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud Murphy

where is the best place to get a clutch cable for my Girly ? had one on order for 3 weeks through a dealer  :pottytrain2

cheers Spud  :thumbsup
WTF am I doing ?

HockleyBoy

Squaredeals, ordered one last week, £15 instead of about £35 from the stealer. (good fast service too)

http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/tiger-955i-199906-replacement-clutch-cable-5246-p.asp
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

benebob

I highly suggest ordering two, and putting both in there.  Tape the unused one up to the other one.  That way when it fails next time (and it will) you can ride and order a new one.  I would also be looking for another dealer.  That is something they should stock.

99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Timbox2

Quote from: benebob on October 26, 2016, 07:55:03 PM
I highly suggest ordering two, and putting both in there.  Tape the unused one up to the other one.  That way when it fails next time (and it will) you can ride and order a new one.  I would also be looking for another dealer.  That is something they should stock.

Apart from an oil filter which is still the same, the majority of UK dealers wont keep much for Girlies these days, even Fowlers in Bristol show the clutch cable as "Backorder, No Stock".  I reckon people need to start buying stuff up as it appears, A couple of months back Triumphant in South Wales suddenly had a load of new clutch cables which he was selling off at £10 a go, I bought 1, maybe I should have bought a few. :icon_frown:
2016 Tiger Sport

Spud Murphy

Back order no stock is what I was told  :icon_sad:

44k on the old girl and this is the first time for a cable to play up  :icon_frown:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup
WTF am I doing ?

John Stenhouse

I order my stuff through a Yamaha dealer, they can get it quicker than the Triumph dealer does, if you want a go try Peter Hammond Motorcycles in Cirencester 01285652467
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Forgot to add they don't do this daft Triumph dealer thing of 'sorry you have to pay for that before well order it' thing eitger
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Tim and I had a conversation recently about such I'm a fan of buying things when they are cheap not when I need them!! And as time goes on its a plan worth its weight in gold just being able to delve in my parts box,apart from the odd bit off ebay everything now is World of Triump click on the screen turns up 3 days later as my thermostat and seal just has bugger the hassle of going to a dealer.

Although while rummaging through my box of goodies I find a brand new chain guide for a mag wheeled tiger :icon_scratch: