News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyres in the UK

Started by Chris Canning, October 31, 2016, 06:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Any of you guys in the UK needing tyres I'd buy e'm ASAP they all go up tomorrow between 8 and 10%.

HockleyBoy

Brexit exchange rates I assume?
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Who knows!!! What I can tell you having a fair bit to with the trade they all voted leave the UK biker is a lamb to be slaughtered and they haven't been able to do that for over 15 years as the EU sank their teeth into them with the European level playing ground but now it's going to be batten down the hatches time.

Tyre Leader have caused absolute mayhem with the Uk tyre trade and it's as though they have decided to jump on the bandwagon and have gone to pricing in sterling and cheap they ain't either, now while Brexit is a complicated issue as far as biking is concerned expect a financial kicking I know of at least manufacturer who is putting prices up in January so you can bet your life all the others will.

Timbox2

Hmmmm, who do we know with a large White van :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

We were already getting stuffed.  Most of you will remember my puncture in France and that a tyre costing 120quid in the UK cost 66 euros, balanced and fitted in that price.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

London_Phil

Its possible we will get a reduction in VAT, possible  to 17.5%,  at the budget, to stimulate the economy, that might help...a bit...

Ossian

I'm quite fortunate as my local tyre place has always bettered on-line suppliers ' prices. And his prices include fitting, balancing and tubes if needed.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Timbox2 on November 01, 2016, 06:08:32 PM
Hmmmm, who do we know with a large White van :icon_biggrin:

Sod the cheap wine and fags, let's go buy some serious rubber  :*&*
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Havent fitted Bridgestones for a while, but these are the latest A40 Adventures, in std Girly sizes £160 a pair which seems pretty good.

http://www.bikespeeduk.com/tyres-tubes/bridgestone-tyres/bridgestone-battlax-a40-adventure/110/80-r19-59v-150/70-r17-69v-a40-adventure-tyre-pair/prod_3005.html

Oh, and the same site is offering 4 litres of Motul 10/40 (Latest MA2 Spec) and a free filter for £24
2016 Tiger Sport

threepot

Well,I've used part-worns before :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

I'm sure those that know me have me between Del Boy and Rodney when it comes to sourcing stuff,I know of a motorcycle retail outlet that has a £5 note(the original one!!)on the office wall with a note underneath saying that it is possible to take money off Chris Canning  :icon_redface:,but while the current exchange stays like it is we are pretty much cornered. :icon_frown: so stock up while you can untill things change hopefully!!!!!

orange99

Just after Brexit was announced I decided to bring forward the purchase of new tyres - this place in France had a pair of MICHELIN PILOT ROAD 4 TRAIL in the sizes for my girly for £165 delivered so I took the plunge

They are now £185 which is still better than I've seen anywhere else, and the ones I received aren't old stock;

http://www.motoblouz.co.uk/tyre-michelin-pilot-road-4-trail-150-70-r-17-69v-tl-60198-v.html

They even let you pay over 3 months with no extra charge.

2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300