News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear caliper seals 06 Girly

Started by benebob, November 10, 2016, 10:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Quote from: Ossian on December 03, 2016, 09:48:38 PM
Wierd thing here on the tapered seal matter. I replaced the rear seals on my Girly a couple of months ago and examined them to look for taper, but didn't appear to be any. However when I went to insert the piston I found that the front lip was flush with the bore and the rear sat up slightly allowing the piston to go in easily.
I assumed therefore that the seal was non-tapered but the bottom of the bore groove was, to simplify assembly
That's the best logic to date Ossian  :nod
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

benebob

Well it isn't leaking anymore and I don't think it is dragging as bad (but still dragging a little or I seem to get a whole lot more rear dust than front dust).  Problem is the freaking sticky clutch is killing me. I don't ride long distances most days and it isn't heating up. 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Sin_Tiger

I don't see a mention of doing the master cylinder, they get neglected, especially the rear. The tiny vent in the bore is easily blocked. I know the master seal kits are expensive but they are worth doing.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

benebob

I actually change my brake  fluid annually on the bike as I have always done so mine has been taken care of well considering. But that isn't gonna change the horrible clutch either.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

HockleyBoy

Still fiddling around with the clutch on mine, going to try replacing one of the thicker steels with one of the thinner ones next to see if that helps.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport