News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Costa Del Barrilio

Started by Timbox2, November 23, 2016, 05:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Otherwise known as Barry Island :icon_biggrin: Hadnt ridden the bike for a few weeks really and having fitted a new can, and the new brakes thought a quick job at St Athan was a good excuse, then Lunch at Barry.

Courtesy of Motad, yeah ok its not a Remus or Akra, but the old Blue Flame was well tatty and letting the bike down, £165 delivered!!! Nice sound too, and BRITISH!!!

Bikes definitely thin on ground today

Ahh, gourmet time at the world famous Boofy's Chippy.

Think I actual prefer this place in the Winter
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Nice! How does it compare to stock for noise?
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

Fit should be good Motad made the original stock cans.

Timbox2

Quote from: nickjtc on November 23, 2016, 06:39:27 PM
Nice! How does it compare to stock for noise?

Ive never had a stock can so not sure, with the baffle in its fairly quiet but still with a niceish growl, baffle out though its proper, but still not offensive. Im getting a lot of popping on over-run which I think is down to the link pipe being fractionally too big for a really good seal, Ive used the old coke tin trick but think it still needs a bit of sealant maybe. Or not, it sounds really good actually :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on November 23, 2016, 06:52:38 PM
Fit should be good Motad made the original stock cans.

Doddle to fit Chris, but see above, or could be me, just needs a bit of silicone or summat.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

I've told the story before but I buy my first 885i in 99 and a couple of weeks later order the TOR can and the link pipe that did away with the collector,,it turns up and the bolt hole on the can bracket is 50mm out from the hole in the frame.

Good old Triumph tell me I need a mechanic to fit it :icon_rolleyes: Take it to the dealer and they are gobsmacked,I knew Motad in Walsall made them so I turn up on their doorstep about as welcome as a fart in a space suit and ask have they ever fitted one on a bike?.

They bring out a very nice jig that the pipes fit into but the answer to my question is no,next thing they take me to a phone voice on the end of the phone wants to know WTF I am Triumph have sold loads!!!!so I answer in the same tone 'The bloke who's going to save you a lot of returned pipes matey because I don't reckon you have sold any' as per any manufacture they deny everything 2 weeks latter another can and connector pipe turn up at the dealer and it fits perfect :icon_lol: